Data Protection Statement
The protection of your personal data when visiting our website is very important to us. We protect your privacy and your private data. We collect, process and use your personal data in compliance with the content of these data protection regulations and the applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, the ePrivacy Regulation, the Federal Data Protection Act and the Telemedia Act.
These data protection regulations set out which personal data we collect, process and use. Therefore, please read the following information carefully.
Section 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller in accordance with Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is MEZ GmbH, Lichtensteinstraße 150, 72770 Reutlingen, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (see our Imprint). Our data protection officer can be contacted at email@example.com or via data protection officer Michael Stefan, Unter den Linden 15, 72762 Reutlingen.
(3) When you contact us by email or via a contact form, we store the data you provide us (your email address, if applicable your name and phone number) in order to respond to your query. We delete the accumulated data when its storage is no longer necessary or, if there are statutory retention obligations, we restrict processing of the data.
(4) If we have to commission service providers for individual functions of our service or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail of the respective processes, as stated below. In doing so, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
Section 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights with respect to your personal data processed by us:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
Section 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register with us or you send us information in a different way, we collect only the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data we require for technical purposes to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (the legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred in each case
- Website the request comes from
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and which transmit certain information to the body setting the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are designed to make our online services more user-friendly and more effective overall.
a) This website uses the following type of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Permanent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, which allows different requests from your browser to be assigned to the general session. This enables your computer to be recognised you if you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a given time, which can be different for each cookie. You can delete cookies at any time through the security settings of your Internet browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and reject, for example, the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies.
Section 4 Further functions and services of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services which could be of interest to you. For this you generally have to enter additional personal data which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned principles of data processing apply.
(2) Sometimes we use external service providers for the processing of your data. We have selected and engaged these service providers carefully; they are bound to our instructions and are regularly monitored.
(3) If our service providers or partners have their registered office in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
Section 5 Objection to or revocation of consent to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this at any time. Such revocation shall affect the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed this to us.
(2) Insofar as our processing of your personal data is based on a balancing of interests, you can lodge an objection to the processing. This is the case, in particular, if the processing is not necessary for the fulfilment of a contract with you, something which we will explain in each of the following descriptions of the functions. When asserting such an objection, we ask you to state the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the manner stated. In the event of a justified objection, we will check the state of affairs and either stop or adjust the data processing, or inform you of the mandatory, legitimate grounds on the basis of which we shall continue the processing.
(3) You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection in relation to advertising using the following contact details: MEZ GmbH, Lichtensteinstraße 150, 72770 Reutlingen, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to enable your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookies regarding your use of this website will generally be transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within the member states of the European Union or other signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services to the website operator regarding website and internet use.
(2) The IP address transferred by your browser within the scope of Google Analytics will not be aggregated with any other data held by Google.
(3) You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all the functions of this Website to their full extent. You can also prevent collection of the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookies and related to your use of the website by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This means that IP addresses are further processed in a truncated form so that personal identification is excluded. If personal identification becomes possible via the data collected, this is immediately excluded and the personal data fully deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve use of our website. The statistics obtained from this allow us to optimise our content and to make it more interesting for you. In the exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Article 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR.
(6) Information on the third-party service provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd.; Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Terms of service/User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html